There's No Place Like Home

Last winter I fell in love with an island in the Indian Ocean. I returned to the west coast of Canada to sell my house, pack my bags and kiss my family and friends farewell.

Now I am living in Ubud, where East meets West and a host of people from all corners of the Earth are seeking daily to live a balance between the two.

This is one of those places where a body can stay for awhile and still get the impression you are travelling. A place that is at once enchanting, frightening, beautiful, raw, vibrant and throbbing with life. A place on the outer fringes of my comfort zone.

Silahkan, I invite you to join me.


Jun 21, 2012

Restorative Transformation



As a teacher a deep compassion arises in restorative yoga
    for the being in the body that is reclining there before you
    you begin to realize
    that their body is just like your own
            with aches and pains that plague it
            with trials and gains that aged it
                    threaded by victories and misses
                    stained by tears, peppered by kisses

A moment arises for the teacher
      where separation disappears
      it is now you reclining there on that mat
      it is your own self treating your body with care
            and it is this student
           who lays there at your feet
                   who transforms by the light of compassion
                   into your teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment